Here’s a little new-to-me maybe new-to-you wintertime show’n tell. Because I like to share. Also, I think I wrangled in some readers as of late? That’s so nice! Hello there!
Let’s do these suckers in semi-alphabetical order, shall we?
- Barnivore is a guide to vegan friendly beer, wine, and liquor.
I do like to know what I’m consuming, and I don’t necessarily feel comfortable with unknown animal by-products in my booze. The guide is colour coded and a breeze to navigate. You can search a brand or simply browse by type. You don’t have to be vegan (heck, I’m not); this is useful for folks with vegetarian and vegan friends, too!
- I’m pretty gosh darn excited to try out Hurraw! lip balm.
I don’t know if you knew this about me, but I have this weird little anxiety-related lip balm obsession. I have probably consumed ten pounds of petroleum in the last decade or so, which is pretty gross.
Hurraw! is hand mixed and chock full of non-harmful ingredients and hand poured into tubes made of #5 plastic (recyclable either in your area or through Preserve). These people are serious about their craft.
Unfortunately, it’s not sold anywhere locally, so I’ll be ordering a handful from the website in the near future. Expect some words.
- Have you signed up with TerraCycle, yet? You should do that. It’s free. And awesome. I don’t know what I was waiting for.
I’m currently collecting for five brigades. All you have to do is save the packaging from certain consumables and mail them in (FOR FREE) when you feel like you have a decent amount. I’m doing it alone (I know, lame), but you could get your family or your dorm or your work mates involved.
And lastly, here are a few promising recipes from my favourite food blogs.
- matcha green tea malted milkshake (Joy The Baker, you are my hero! Let’s be friends!)
- mushroom bourguignon (I think I would like mushrooms if they were served like this. Thanks, Cozy Kitchen!)
- red curry soup with rice & purple kale (from Isa Chandra of the PPK)
I think I’ll be sharing a chili recipe with you tomorrow if I can get my act together.