This is going to be a little boring. It’s mostly for me. I’ll have something for you tomorrow. Maybe photos of food. Photos of thrift scores. Heck if I know. It’s going to be that kind of weekend, I can totally tell.
These are the products I use regularly. Sometimes I splurge on new things. I try to use animal & planet friendly products as much as possible, but I know I’m not perfect.
- cleanser: (when needed) Queen Helene honey oatmeal scrub [v], LUSH 9-5 (for makeup removal)
- lip balm: Hurraw! balm [v] ♥, Badger cocoa butter balms
- moisturizer: Neutrogena Naturals (** This particular product line is not tested on animals, but the company as a whole does use animal testing.) ♥
- mascara: Physician’s Formula Organic Wear in black
- makeup: LUSH colour supplement in light pink [v] mixed into moisturizer, Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear loose powder
- body wash: St. Ives, Dr. Bronner liquid soaps [v]
- exfoliation: LUSH Ocean Salt ♥
- deodorant: Tom’s of Maine [v]
- perfume: LUSH vanillary (solid) ♥
- moisturizer: St. Ives Naturally Indulgent [v]
- nail polishes: OPI, SpaRitual ♥, Wet ‘n Wild, Zoya
- shampoo: Alba Body Builder Mango shampoo [v], Organix, Say Yes (to carrots) [v]
- conditioner: Alba Body Builder Mango conditioner [v] Organix
- toothpaste: Tom’s of Maine [v]
- Diva Cup ♥ (♥♥)
- razor: Until someone makes a five-blade out of recycled plastic, I’m using my Venus Divine (reusable handle) and cartridges.
- shaving: Kiss My Face lavender shea ♥
I am currently in the process of switching a handful of products to more animal and earth friendly alternatives. I consider this an ongoing self-improvement project and, as I hurtle towards my thirties, my needs are going to change.
LUSH products are somewhat expensive and they’re not available locally (there’s a store in Boston and another one in Maine), so I always save up and buy them in bulk. The ones on this list are products I’ve purchased multiple times and continue to love.
- companies that test on animals (The Vegetarian Site)
- comprehensive list of animal ingredients (Happy Cow)
- cosmetic companies that don’t test (vegan noted) (My Makeup Mirror)
If anyone has any recommendations, please leave a comment.