I think I might I have a few posts of this same title. Hello. This month was quiet (and I was perhaps mildly depressed), but now it’s almost over and I realized I never officially wrote down any birthday goals. That’s something I would like to do. My list from last year was not entirely accomplished, so some goals will carry over.
- read more (way more) [more or less the same]
- drive [two lessons]
- grad school or grad school related progress [took my GRE]
- eat more salad […]
decorate nicely for the holidays[We did!]
- bake a pie from scratch [not yet]
make someone else’s birthday very special[I think I did okay. :) ] travel with a boy[We went to DC and Chicago, and drove up to Vermont for a friend’s wedding.] make art[Yes!]
- [new job] [I was promoted, but remain at the same unhappy workplace.]
- complete my sketchbook project book (by January)
find a laptop bag
- drive (this is so, so important)
- get my graduate school stuff finished and submitted
- find more time to meditate and relax and surround myself with quiet
- continue to try new foods (This year, I learned to like some kinds of fishes!)
- update my resume, continue the job search
- read more!
- stand up on the surfboard
- make more art, get it out there
- catch up with Doctor Who
- take more photos
- get rid of the stuff I don’t need or want
I am not usually one for the inspirational quote, but this is(/has always been) appropriate.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. -Emerson
My fingers and toes and my heart itch.